Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Letter From a Drug Addict

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Letter From a Drug Addict

    My cousin's ex-husband sent this to her today. She sent it to me. They had a good, solid marriage for 16 years. He hurt his back in the mines, and was prescribed Oxicontin for pain. He became hooked, and they ruined his life. Their marriage is over, his kids want nothing to do with him. The power of drugs [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

    The Power of Drugs


    My ex gave me this to read, this is such a true letter. Drugs has taken my husband, my kids dad, not in the sense of dying, but everthing was lost because of drugs, people don't think drugs can destroy you, It not only destroys you, but it destroys the ones you love and who love you, I guess those that are using, think's they can keep in under control, but eventually, it gets out of control, and it takes over everything. I also lost a aunt to drugs, she OD, I just want all of you that reads this, to copy and paste it, let people read this, maybe it will help someone, or keep someone from trying drugs.

    ================================================== ========

    I destroy homes, I tear families apart, I take your children and that is just the start. Im more valued than diamonds more precious than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold. If you need me, remember I'm easily found, I live all around you in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live just down the street and maybe next door. Im made in a lab, but found in a pharmacy, I'll get you high in your house and even in the woods. If this scares you to death, then it certainly should. I have many names but there is one that is not forgotten, im sure you've heard of me,my name is Oxycotin. My power is awesome. try me and you'll see, but if you do, you may never break free. Try me once I might let you go, but if you try me twice i'll own your soul. When I posses you, you'll steal, you'll lie, you'll do what you have to just to get high, the crimes you'll commit in my narcotic charm, will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in my arms. You'll lie to your mother, you'll steal from your father, when you see their tears, you must feel sad, just forget your morals and how you were raised, I take kids from their parents, I take parents from their kids, I turn people from god, I seperate friends. I take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always right by your side. You'll give me everything your family, your home, your money, your true friends then you'll be alone. I'll take till you have no more to give, when i'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live. If you want to try me, be warned this is not a game, if im given the chance i'll drive you insane.

    I'll ravage your body, i'll control your mind, i'll own you completly, your soul will be mine. The nightmares i'll give you when your lying in bed, and the voices you'll hear from inside your head. The sweats and the shakes and the vision from me, I want you to know these things are gifts from me. By then its to late and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall never part. You'll regret you tried me (they always do), but you come to me not me to you. You knew this would happen, many times you'be been told, but you challenged my power, you chose to be bold, you could have said no, then walked away, if you live that day over, now what would you say? My power is awesome as I told you before, I can take your life and make it my slave, I'll even go with you when you go to the grave, now that you've met me, what will you do? Try me or not? It's all up to you. I can show you more misery then words can ever tell, come take my hand, let me lead you to HELL!!!!


    It is a shame that Ricky knows it now after the fact. He is cleaning up his life, but the price has been paid. Lord knows what damage he has done to not just his loved ones, but his body. I have always liked him. I was one of the few that stood up for him when my family was throwing such a fit about Teresa marrying him, and for over 15 years, I was right about him until the drugs came.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_rachelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letter From a Drug Addict

    Someone very dear and close to me was prescribed oxycontin for an injury. We were scared the addiction would happen at any time, and closely monitered the dosages and behavior. Wanting to go off, the doctor said no, not now. Anyway, long story short, stayed on it till dr. said ok, then flushed everything. So thankful there was no addiction. Seems it varies with people. Some are addicted and some aren't.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letter From a Drug Addict

    When my back decided to take a hiatus from daily functioning a few years ago, I was prescribed flexerils and percocets. I have been prescribed Loratabs, darvocets, somas..etc over the years for back pain, but the percocets were the only thing that worked. The only deal was that they brought such relief that I got to the point where I was counting the seconds until it was time to take the next one. I never abused them, but it scared me, knowing that I was so close to getting hooked. I flushed them. Now when the back locks up, I bear it. I take 800 mg Motrin and deal with it.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letter From a Drug Addict

    Do you mind if I copy this and post it on the other board and as a bulliten on myspace?
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letter From a Drug Addict

    I don't mind at all. The word needs to be spread.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Letter From a Drug Addict

    very touching letter it hits the nail on the head.

    to the other post. I really truely believe that if you take the meds like the docs tell you. You will not become addicted to the meds. but that is only my opionion
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •